Creative Ground Coffee No 01-340g (12Oz) / pack
Trung Nguyen Ground Coffee Creative 01 is an extremely full-bodied coffee, partially Culi or “peaberry mix, that fills the room with superior aroma. Some can detect a chocolaty flavor, too, that originates from the long ripening process. It is difficult to describe this coffee to Americans who have never had access to a gourmet heirloom Robusta, and who have been told that only Arabica coffee can be exceptional. This is one of the world’s best gourmet “cheap thrills”. Because of the prolific growth of Robusta, this coffee is available in a price range well below its worth in quality.
It makes an excellent, strong iced coffee. We stock some locations that brew the Culi Robusta commercially as their only iced coffee and it has performed better than their previous brands. However, the Culi Robusta does not store well as an iced coffee, so it should be served only on the day it is brewed.
- Origin: Made in Vietnam by Trung Nguyen
- Packing: 01 pack x 340 grams (120oz). Gross weight plus filter: 480 grams/ Pack.
- Exp: new product, 12 months from the date of manufacturing
– Trademark heirloom Vietnamese Robusta originally established in Vietnam in 1890 – 1922, made from select Culi (single, unsplit, peaberry) beans for the richest flavor. Dark, strong, full-bodied and naturally sweet, can stand up to plenty of milk and sugar. A particularly excellent choice for iced coffee.
– The Vietnamese pioneered and perfected the Robusta variety over a hundred years ago. Yet in the late 20th century, much of the gourmet quality of this heirloom variety was lost due to improper cultivation and harvesting. The Culi Robusta is Trung Nguyen’s triumphant return to the best gourmet Robusta in the world. There simply is no other source that we have found that exemplifies the true potential of gourmet, heirloom Robusta raised in the perfect climate, picked in multiple sessions, and sun-dried for up to 100 days to achieve the full ripeness and wonderful flavor tones that cannot be duplicated in water-washed coffees.
– The Culi Robusta is a high-caffeine coffee, with about 40% more caffeine than most Arabicas. It’s hard to brew this coffee too strong, as it has few faults. It performs well in most drip machines at one level tablespoon, or more to taste, per cup. Culi Robusta coffee can be doubled up in a Phin or French Press for an espresso intensity. It also is a great mixer for improving the flavor of that expensive Arabica coffee you have in your pantry that you were disappointed with. Blend your own Arabica/Robusta mix and you will join the millions who say “Wow!” over Culi Robusta in any form.
– Robusta is a superior coffee for those who like to drink their coffee with cream and sugar, since it has been lab-proven that Robusta flavors are not masked by cream and sugar, unlike many Arabicas.
Brewing Trung Nguyen Ground Coffee Creative 01
– To brew light, you may want to use as little as a level tablespoon per cup. But you can go as strong as you like, even stacking it high in a Phin filter to get an espresso-like result. This is a coffee that is immensely versatile and fun, and for many Trung Nguyen fans, it’s their favorite all-around blend.
– For calibrating this coffee for commercial brewing, we suggest the whole bean, set to the grind you need. In commercial machines, if the grind is off, the flavor result can move from light to dark too easily, and some of the fabulous flavor hints can be lost, particularly if brewing at a high temperature (above 195°). The grind is good for Bunn-style carafe brewers, where the results are reliable and delicious and will surpass any coffee service coffee.
– For homebrewing, the pre-ground is perfect for cone-filter drip machines, perks, cold-brewing, Phin filters, and French Press, so you typically won’t get any flavor advantage from grinding it yourself. If you use a basket-style machine you may want the whole bean and it should be ground to medium-fine.
- Storage: Keep in a dry, cool place. Protect from light and high temperatures over 30 Celcius
- Shipping: Europe: 10-21 days
United States, Canada, America: 15-30 days
Asia, Australia, New Zealand: 12-25 days
Frequently bought together